The current situation means that many of us are celebrating Mother’s Day differently this year. …
Now Serving: Maine Lobster in Atlanta
Residents of the Northeast—including chefs and other fans of great eats—know that Maine Lobster is among the most delicious and most versatile ingredients on any menu. But in Atlanta, the culinary capital of the South, chefs are admittedly less familiar with the finer points of Maine-caught lobster. So this summer, we brought a taste of Maine’s most mouthwatering export to a group of Atlanta’s best chefs.
This July, the city’s top chefs and media gathered for a celebration of all things Maine Lobster and a chance to learn about our state’s official crustacean, the lobster. Said Chef Anne Quatrano of Bacchanalia, Little Bacch, Star Provisions, Floataway Café and W.H. Stiles Fish Camp, “As a former New Englander, I grew up with Maine Lobster, and I was so excited to share my passion for this amazing product, and to educate other chefs in our community about the importance of serving sustainable seafood like lobster from Maine.”
Atlanta residents can enjoy the Maine Lobster action even if they’re not culinary professionals—if you’re craving a taste, check out a few of our favorite area restaurants featuring Maine Lobster this summer:
- Chops Lobster Bar for Maine Lobster with Maine Lobster stuffing, Maine Lobster bisque or buttery Maine Lobster potato mash
- Kevin Rathbun Steak for broiled Maine Lobster tail
- Bacchanalia for chilled Maine Lobster with benne salad
- Bocado for Maine Lobster roll
- Atlanta Fish Market for Maine Lobster with Savannah stuffing
- Murphy’s for Maine Lobster cobb salad
- Kyma for wood-grilled Maine Lobster
- Pricci for Risotto Allo Scoglio
- BLT Steak for roasted Maine Lobster
- Davio’s for Egg Fettuccine with Maine Lobster or Maine Lobster risotto with asparagus and lobster cream
Next up, we’ll will head to Washington, D.C., New York City and beyond.