Cook Maine Lobster Tails and Products in an Air Fryer
Have you joined in on the air fryer craze? The small but mighty appliance has revolutionized kitchens around the globe – helping at-home chefs cut their cook times in half.
And while you may be used to cooking salmon, chicken or veggies in the handy little gadget, did you know you can also cook Maine Lobster in minutes? That’s right! Whether from the freezer or the ocean, there are plenty of options when it comes to enjoying the sweetest lobster in the world.
Dish Up Premade Maine Lobster Products Prepare and Freeze Whole In-shell Lobster
A variety of premade meals can be bought online or in stores nationwide, including:
- Maine Lobster Cakes from Luke’s Lobster – this easy-to-prepare appetizer is perfect for any party. Just set your air fryer to 375°F and they’ll be ready in 10-12 minutes!
- Maine Lobster Risotto Bites from Salt & Sky – whether it’s for football Sunday or a casual get-together, these frozen bites are a delicious addition to any spread and can be found at Costco!
- Mini Lobster Grilled Cheeses from Hancock Gourmet Lobster Co – finger sandwiches just got a major upgrade! Made with a flavorful sourdough baguette and sweet Maine Lobster, these small sandwiches pack a major punch!
Want to plus it up? Check out our recipes for dips & sauces to pair with these delicious snacks here: Maine Lobster Cakes with Remoulade, Maine Lobster Risotto Bites with Calabrian Chili Aioli, and Mini Maine Lobster Grilled Cheese with Creamy Tomato Soup.
Cooking Maine Lobster Tails In 5 Easy Steps
1. Prepare: Make sure your lobster tail is at room temperature. If you are using frozen lobster, defrost it in the fridge the night before so it is ready to cook the next day.
2. Cut Your Lobster Tail: Using a pair of kitchen shears or a knife, cut lengthwise through the shell. It can be butterflied (only the top shell cut) or split completely depending on how it is being served.
3. Season and Add Flavor: Add any spices, marinades or butter to your lobster tail. You can find our recipes here.
4. Add Lobster to Air Fryer: Line your basket with foil or parchment paper (optional). Cook your lobster tail shell side down at 380°F until opaque and tender. Cook times may vary slightly, so check occasionally to avoid overcooking:
- 4-5 ounces: 3-4 minutes
- 6-7 ounces: 5-6 minutes
- 8-10 ounces: 6-8 minutes
5. Cook, Serve and Enjoy: You should cook the lobster tail until it reaches an internal temperature between 135°F and 145°F. Once it does, let it cool and then enjoy!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for even more ways to enjoy Maine Lobster with your air fryer? You’re in luck. We’ve curated a list of our favorite new recipes. Browse them below and prepare the delicious Maine Lobster you love in a fraction of the time.