Garlic cloves, coarsely chopped, 3 ea.
Sweet onion, cut into large dice, 1 ea.
Celery rib, including leaves, chopped, 1 ea.
Poblano pepper, large, split, seeded and ripped coarsely, 1 ea.
Chorizo or other spicy sausage, 4 oz.
Bay leaves, 2 ea.
Tomatoes, ripe, diced, or 2 cups/473 ml diced canned tomatoes, 3 ea.
Saffron threads, ½ tsp.
Risotto, parcooked or other short-grain rice, 2/3 cup
2 whole Maine lobsters (1 ½ lb.), thawed in advance
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup seafood or lobster stock
½ lb. Mussels, rinsed and debearded,
Ground black pepper
Olive oil, as needed
- Defrost whole frozen Maine Lobster by leaving in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to use
- Separate claws
- Remove and split tail
- Build the base:
- Soften onion, garlic, and celery for about 8 minutes
- Add peppers, cook 5 minutes more
- Add chorizo, bay leaves, tomatoes, and saffron
- Add risotto
- Combine stock and juiced orange
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add lobster and mussels:
- Add claws and tail, spoon sauce over the top
- Tuck in mussels
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Garnish with lemon and parsley
Ready to share!