2 WHOLE, (1 ½ LB.), THAWED IN ADVANCE
COARSELY CHOPPED, 3 EA.
CUT INTO LARGE DICE, 1 EA.
INCLUDING LEAVES, CHOPPED, 1 EA.
LARGE, SPLIT, SEEDED AND RIPPED COARSELY, 1 EA.
RIPE, DICED, OR 2 CUPS/473 ML DICED CANNED TOMATOES, 3 EA.
PARCOOKED OR OTHER SHORT-GRAIN RICE, 2/3 CUP
½ LB., RINSED AND DEBEARDED
Defrost whole frozen Maine Lobster by leaving in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to use
Remove and split tail
Build the base:
- Soften onion, garlic, and celery for about 8 minutes
- Add peppers, cook 5 minutes more
- Add chorizo, bay leaves, tomatoes, and saffron
- Add risotto
- Combine stock and juiced orange
- Simmer for 20 minutes
Add lobster and mussels:
- Add claws and tail, spoon sauce over the top
- Tuck in mussels
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
Garnish with lemon and parsley
Ready to share!